Tuesday 18 April 2023

O is for Oak trees

Back in 2019 I planted my first batch of acorns. They just sat in a pot in the garden over the winter, because apparently they need the cold to make them germinate. The spring brought me some tiny tree joy. I planted some more the following year, and again last autumn. There are no sprouts at the moment, but time will tell. The others however have become a miniature forest down the edge of the path:
Some are still tiny twigs but the tallest one is at least a foot tall (I think this photo is from 2021). When they are strong enough I will look for somewhere they can be planted out. 
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter O
Stay safe. Be kind. Plant a tree.

2 comments:

  1. I rely on the squirrels to plant acorns. They do a very good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite a collection of oak trees in various growth stages thanks to whichever animals bury the acorns :-)

    Ronel visiting for O:
    My Languishing TBR: O
    Oreads: Nymphs of the Mountains

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.